NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette grumpy re-edit

MartinB

Whilst images have been pouring in from all over the country Chesterfield seems to have had it's own cloudy microclimate. Last image was a month ago and that was only 1 hour. The last time a had a decent amount of time was over 2 months since.

Thought I'd cheer myself up by doing a re-edit. Took this 14 months ago HA OIII SII with a ZS 66 and 0.67 reducer. Have dumped the SII in favour of a synthetic green channel and mapped the Ha to red and the OIII to blue. Pleased with the result but not the same as the new images the rest of you are coming up with.

Oh well, Chesterfield will have it's day (night?)

4900_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It hasn't been much better down here Martin, although I have managed two imaging sessions in the last month, so I guess I should consider myself fortunate.

However, your re-edit of the Rossette, was a rewarding exercise, as its certainly a beautiful image, with lovely colour and great detail.

Anyway, I like Chesterfield, that's where my company pension fund is managed from. :), and we have stayed on the Caravan Club Site at Chatsworth Park, several times.

BTW, when are they going to straighten out that church spire? :rolleyes:

Dave

I have found using Ha-red , OIII - blue and synthesised green channel has become my standard method with narrow band filters.

I first did it with The Elephant Trunk and Bubble nebulae. Difficult for us in our climate (esp Chesterfield at the moment!) to ever get sufficient SII data

Very very nice Mate your not the only one to have so much cloud cover I have not done a thing since a few days before the Earthquake here in my bit of the the Leeds skyline either I just hope that Kielder will give me a Chance opening when I go there tomorrow

BTW, when are they going to straighten out that church spire? :rolleyes:

According to local legend it will straighten whenever a virgin gets married in the church!

It ain't never gonna happen then. :)

Great pic. though Martin, and your weather can't be as bad as the Sh*** we've had in Cumbria.

Ron. :lol:

Thanks for your nice comments. This was taken on an old Vixen Super Polaris I bought of UKastrobuyandsell. A lovely mount, with a great polar scope and superb tracking. These old Vixen mounts are going for a song and are the best value for money purchases you can make in the whole expensive world of astroimaging.

Archived