Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A couple of Ha images from the solar eclipse

Paxo

The weather didn’t totally spoil the eclipse on Tyneside, with gaps in the cloud allowing some photography to be done after about 10:10.

Images were taken using a Lunt LS60THa/B1200CPT 60mm H-alpha Telescope equipped with a Point Grey GS3-U3-28S4M-C. This combination gives a full disc on the chip (which is 1928 x 1448 pixels at 3.69 microns). AVIs were taken over 20 seconds at 26fps giving 520 frames. Stacking was done using 100 frames with Autostackert2 with wavelets applied in Registax 6.

The two images below were taken at 10:13 and 10:28 respectively before the clouds rolled in.

Thanks for looking, Steve

S

Ha_10-13_Med.jpg

Ha_10-28_Med.jpg

good shots I didn't get to see a thing on the south coast, solid cloud

I thought we were going to get totally clouded out, then the skies partially cleared for a few minutes enough to get a couple of images.  Thankfully we had exxcellent skies the day before so I did all the focussing then.

Steve

Archived