How Much Software!!!!

wuthton

Wow, I've just got a new pc to control the mount and cameras and didn't realise just how much the software had mounted up, it's taken an age to install. It's on a fresh Windows install too so I've had all the hardware divers to download and install before I even got started on the astro stuff.

QHY5-II drivers

QHY5-II Ascom Driver

Atik Drivers

Xagyl Ascom Driver

Moonlite Ascom Driver

Ascom

.Net

C++

Eqmod

Pinpoint

GSC catalogue

Novas

ANSVR

Astrometry Index Files

Sequence Generator Pro

PHD2

Cartes du Ciel

once you have everything installed, get a disk imaging program (google is your friend) and make an image backup. that way, if anything goes pear-shaped, you can re-image the harddrive in minutes instead of hours manually reinstalling everything.

once you have everything installed, get a disk imaging program (google is your friend) and make an image backup. that way, if anything goes pear-shaped, you can re-image the harddrive in minutes instead of hours manually reinstalling everything.

Excellent thought.

Even easier is to buy a disc copying machine,about £40. Remove the HD from your computer and copy completely onto a new HD. Then you always have a backup drive ready bar updates to change out or re copy. The second disc does not have to be an expensive one or the same size(I.e. 2.2" or 3.5"). I keep a couple of old HDs for this purpose. I also use a copy program, but they are not always reliable. Corruptions do occur at times, usually when you don't want!

Derek

Archived