Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Plunge

Matt Steele

Dear All

Having posted in Feb my initial thoughts regarding the pursuit of VA, and having received plenty of advice, yesterday I ordered (from 365 Astronomy) a PD Colour Video Camera (kit) and 1.25" Focal Reducer, to use with my CPC925.

I chose this camera over others based on positive reviews found on forums such as this one and others.  The 'kit' also eliminates having to worry about selecting additional bits and pieces and keeping my mild OCD in check!  I do hope that the VA experience will meet my expectations of backyard astronomy and that I haven't bought another toy which will gather dust!  Clearly, my wife was unavailable for comment at the time of ordering...

The kit should arrive this week and I will post a first light report when I can (probably not until May if work has anything to do with it!).

Once again, many thanks to everyone who has commented on my VA posts.

MS

Hi matt..wont go wrong with the pd1 kit..I bought one a while back and its a good camera..only prob I had was phase lines on monitor. It was the power adapter supplied with the camera no big deal..clear skies..davy

Hi Matt,

Congrat's, welcome to VA! You will find your eyepieces gathering dust once you get hooked on your new camera. If you have any setup questions everyone here can be a great help.

Archived