Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads Up Lidl Bresser 10 x 50 Binos

Rogue Leader

Back in Lidl stores from 7th April. £11.99. If you do not know the score with these, they are really cheap and really good. Try out the pair you want to buy in the store and if they look ok get those ones. Some of the optics are a bit dodgy, but should be easily spotted by a quick squint through them.

You must have had a really good pair "Beamish!" (or you must have eyes like a hawk!). I can't even make out Saturn as a disc with mine!

These Bresser (or Meade) 10x50's sold at Lidls are good though. I bought a pair last year. The thing I like about them is that the actual eyepiece lens is BIG! which makes the binoculars easy to look through.

The only "fault" I discovered on mine were that the focusser was a bit slack, When I put the binoculars down resting on top of a dressing table, when I pick them up after 10 mins, I find they have slipped out of focus. It's not a big issue, but something to watch for when buying. (If you can push the focussing mechanism "in" with just light pressure from your index finger, then the focusser might be "slack."

Otherwise, like I said, they are excellent value for money.

Regards,

philsail1

Back in Lidl stores from 7th April. £11.99. If you do not know the score with these, they are really cheap and really good. Try out the pair you want to buy in the store and if they look ok get those ones. Some of the optics are a bit dodgy, but should be easily spotted by a quick squint through them.

I made an enquiry today regarding the offer tomorrow and he let me have them now!

A bit to late for you guys as there shut now, but I'm happy :(

Anyway thanks for the tip.

which Lidl did you get them from Ferox? I got a couple of pairs last time they were on offer, from the Hinckley store.

Lidl are opening a store just up the road from me in the summer so it will be less effort to get any of the special offers.

--

Martyn

Got a pair from Lidl yesterday afternoon.

Well satisfied so far,with long eye relief they are very comfortable to use (I wear specs). I tried them out briefly last night, hold them steady and you can just make out Saturn's rings. Bright terrestial views as well - a bargain!

The only down side is that as far as I can see there is no ability to mount them on a tripod (or is there?).

Roy

There is a mount threaded socket , if they are the same as the Bresser 10x50 that they've had before. There is a plastic cap over the socket which is on the central axis (where the focusing ring is centred) on the objective end.

which Lidl did you get them from Ferox? I got a couple of pairs last time they were on offer, from the Hinckley store.

Lidl are opening a store just up the road from me in the summer so it will be less effort to get any of the special offers.

--

Martyn

Hi Martyn, got them from the Rugby Lidl, they had about 20 there at a guess.

Andy

Back in Lidl stores from 7th April. £11.99. If you do not know the score with these, they are really cheap and really good. Try out the pair you want to buy in the store and if they look ok get those ones. Some of the , but should be easily spotted by a quick squint through them.

Hello

I am new to this fouram and new to Binoc's so was wondering how to spot a bad pair?

Could anyone please tell me what I am looking for when I check them out in the store?

I would be very greatfull of any help

Thanks Phil what a great guide, I think I will pop over there tomorrow to purchase a pair but not before I have had a good quality assessment!

If its not to much trouble could someone please tell me how to spot if a portion of one prism sticking out into the barrel of the binocular and if they have bad collimation ?

I have googled collimation and I understand that its how the Lenses are alined but how do I spot if they are poorly alined?

Thanks very much for all your help and time,sorry about all the questions!

There is a mount threaded socket , if they are the same as the Bresser 10x50 that they've had before. There is a plastic cap over the socket which is on the central axis (where the focusing ring is centred) on the objective end.

Got it thanks, (it was just a bit stiff!)

I have googled collimation and I understand that its how the Lenses are alined but how do I spot if they are poorly alined?

Here's what I do: I hold them about 4 inches away from my eyes. I find a bright small target far away, the moon is perfect for this but similar target will do. I point them at the target while looking at the target but not through them, just over them. Then I shift gaze into the eyepieces. Hopefully, this keeps my pupils "naturally aligned" and now I try to see if the two images through the two eyepieces seem to overlap or not. I just did that on my Bressers and I had to tweak the left hand one a half turn or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived