Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrad

bish

......I so much wanted to do the drive to my darkest site tonight, but with possible  snow showers heading my way later , and being oh so cold, I decided to stay at home, but watching Jupiter  rise to a prominent position in my sky line and almost in my  zenith, I noted that everything around me including sheds and  cars were all covered in ice? so looks like a no-go with my observations tonight, and why-o-why do the street lights appear to be  twice their  normal brightness tonight ?

That said, what If i take a peek through the window pane, knowing that the image could be pants, and  it was! so I carried the scope outside, eyes  watering in the cold wind, set up the scope and tried  to view Jupiter, first with the 8mm BST. 

No sooner had  I placed my eye to the eyepiece, cloudy!.......where did that come from? 30 mins later, time to pack in, so no joy with my anticipated eyepiece test tonight  :mad:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one know if the sticky pads come off again without bringing the paint of the scope ?

Dave

Hi Dave, I assume they are the same stickies as the Rigel... In which case, yes. I've transferred my Quikfinder between scopes, and repositioned once since then. No paint loss. The sticky residue just needs a bit of citrus remover.

The Telrad® is one of the most inexpensive and effective astro buys you can make in this hobby. I wouldn't do without mine. I also have the Rigel QuickFinder to use on my refractors (because of the smaller footprint required on the OTA) but I prefer the Big T hands down. I find it much easier to see the lit reticule with it than the bit of a struggle I have using the Rigel.

Here is all you will ever need on a dob. Telrad c/w 2" riser, RACI finder and a mounted Laser pointer.

Regards

Bob

post-24756-0-13372100-1425080191.png

Archived