NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 1st Saturn of the year

beamer3.6m

Sorry, I forgot the details!

Image taken with Explorer 200 on HEQ5 unguided. Image captured with Toucam and 2 x barlow (standard skywatcher one) so F10.

I captured 4750 frames but Registax coulod not cope so I reduced the AVI to 2200(ish) in VirtualDUB and then re-processed. Almost all the frames were captured.

I should have used my other 2 x barlow as well as I think the viewing could take it and I would have reached the magical F20 which i think would have been a little better.

Beamer

When you capture keep your Avi’s to about 2000 frames or below 1gb and do a couple of runs, when you open registax to choose your Avi hold down the Ctrl key that way you can load up to 10000 frames into registax.

I reckon you've done well with that Barlow which is not the best.

Personally, I would ditch it and get a better one like the Celestron Ultima which is an APO Barlow. As for stacking Barlows, an Imagemate or Televue Powermate would be a better option. Stacking Barlows introduces more glass into the imaging path, makes the image less bright, and its a real pain to acquire it on the chip.

Still prety good, though. Keep them coming!

Geoff

Actually, it's correct, I think. The reddish band should be in the south and the shadow should be on the left (the sun is behind us and to the right). Some people try and present the rings horizontally.

Archived