NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photoshop - To Get - Or Not ?

AlistairW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another question about photoshop - what do people actually use as i am not sure i understand all the different versions - there seems to be CS6 or Lightroom or Elements etc- plus many other options. Whats the thing i sholud be looking for for post processing. I am looking for software less than £100 and it does not have to be the most up to date version.

I use PS CC less than a tenner a month and allowed on two pcs.

You also get Lightroom and a few other apps as well.

Just bought Pixinsight, thought it was a good time as the pound is doing well against the Euro, got it for £181.

@AlistairW

With your £100 pound budget Paintshop Pro falls well within that if you download the trial and wait the price gets cheaper as offers are emailed, I saved over 20% on mine.

You want layers but they need to be adjustment layers which PaintShop Pro has.

StarTools wooks out about £30.

Why not to start with using GIMP it is free and gets you going then see how you go and where you want to go next.

Collecting the data has to happen whether you process it now with GIMP or in a years time with something else you still have to collect the data.

Archived