Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do most store their scopes?

I keep mine assembled, with all dust caps on, in the garage. All eyepieces are kept in and old camera attaché case.

One question.

I keep a plastic bag over the scope, is there something better? a towel, a nylon bag? any ideas welcomed.

Andrew.

i have an oil cloth cover for mine.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closest case idea I've seen is the one of JONATHAN's. Been to Walmart where they sell various sized RubberMaid containers but would question the safety of my scope laying in one of these containers. 

Pelican Cases seem to be one of the best anyone can use but cost can be an issue. 

Investing in a telescope rather it be the 1st or 4th, One would like to make sure it is protected especially during transportation to a designated Star Party several KM's away. 

Regardless, placing a telescope in a concealed box can also create internal condensation.   I suppose one could install a few of them "do not eat" silicone baggies inside the container to fight the condo issue.  Just a thought! 

So... While I'm still here!! Does ANYONE know of a hard case I could safely keep my MEADE Polaris 130mm Reflector AND tripod in? 

Thanks to everyone who replies!

Archived