Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 25/01 from Bembridge (AWarmer in the Bank)

SnakeyJ

Nearly time to knock it on the head, but had a good night today and had reasonable seeing for 3 hours - a far cry from this mornings efforts.

Here's a very quick process of a set from the middle of the night - taken at 4m, with the OO Europa 250, QHY5L-IIM and TV 3x barlow.

post-26731-0-89252100-1422154520.png

Hoping for some more to follow!

A good effort Jake looks like the seeing your end was probably better than we had in the midlands it was lousy here yet again, im beginning to wonder if it will pick up at all this apparition, ive yet to bag a decent image of old jove this time around lol! :grin:

Thanks Ron, Simon and Pete - after sifting through loads of data, I can see it's not as good as initially hoped, but certainly not too bad.

Here's a fresh process of the best at 2000 frames / channel, 1.5x drizzle and reprocess in IA and CS2:

post-26731-0-49853000-1422209901_thumb.p

Its weird Jake. I also thought  it was better. Correct me if I am wrong. The kind of result I had, was, it didn't  appear to be the fast seeing problem. But when stacking all the frames are going in and out of focus. I have seen this type before. Is that similar to what you had. My results  look similar to yours, not awful. But not great either.

Anyway as has been said, your doing great with whats being given us.  Really doing a top job.

Simon, I know how you feel. I thought I could beat anything the UK would throw at me. I think I was wrong ?

Its a very weird time.

Its weird Jake. I also thought it was better. Correct me if I am wrong. The kind of result I had, was, it didn't appear to be the fast seeing problem. But when stacking all the frames are going in and out of focus. I have seen this type before. Is that similar to what you had. My results look similar to yours, not awful. But not great either.

Anyway as has been said, your doing great with whats being given us. Really doing a top job.

Simon, I know how you feel. I thought I could beat anything the UK would throw at me. I think I was wrong ?

Its a very weird time.

It's funny Neil - I did a star test last night and could see the optics were pinched, so dropped the cell out after 40 mins and loosened it. An immediate improvement, when back in and set with the hotech. Jupiter was sharper and yielding detail in the main bands, the zone of focus much snappier.

I thought I had a lots of good data, but it again seems to lack depth and contrast, which is similar to a couple of weeks back. All the exposures were a tad slower than usual, perhaps a little high haze or ice?

Mustn't grumble really - it's not too dire and I had a good night in the obs [emoji3]

Striving for perfection is all very well, but you are battling big odds here in the UK.

I'm always delighted  when Images Like this pop on to the forum.

You have to take things as they come I guess, and the elements are always going to be a battle for you.

I have seen many splendid Images of our two gas giants, many of them by Neil too.

It would be fantastic if you could get away from the UK like Young Damian P. :grin:.

Ron. 

Archived