Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple of handheld shots

Cloudwatcher

Here are pair of Moon images taken last night with the Canon 350D. Both on the same manual setting but taken with different zoom lenses at 200 mm and shown as downloaded from the camera but combined into one as a screen save.

One lens cost twice as much as the other...... anyone think one is twice as good as the other?

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Its hard to tell from the liddle piccy, but I would plump for the pic on the right as being from the more expensive lens.

There is sharper detail, greater contrast, more definition, and more depth to the shot.

Go on, tell me thats from the cheapy :rolleyes:

TJ

Well,I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it hard to choose between the two.

The right hand image (as you look at them) was taken with a s/hand Sigma 70-300 and the left hand one with a Canon 90-300 zoom. The Sigma cost £59 and the Canon £129.

The Canon I think is a little sharper but to be honest that could be down to the cameraman rather than the optics. The only real difference I could find is that the Sigma does show a bit of false colour on the edge of bright areas.

I leave you to guess which one was purchased first. :rolleyes:

CW

I'm a bit disappointed that the Canon won but to my eyes it clearly did. You can pick out more fine detail in the L hand image and contrast is slightly better. I don't think that extra cash has been wasted at all

Archived