Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Helios Naturesport Plus 10x50's: Any Good ?

John

I realise that these are very much at the budget end of the market and I'll adjust my expectations but my son has a pair of the Helios Naturesport Plus 8x40's which he uses for nature watching / birding and they seem pretty good for the £'s invested, from my inexperienced standpoint.

I've been offered a good condition pair of the 10x50's for well under 50% of the new price and wondered about them as an astro / birding pair ?

I'm not a regular binocular user for astronomy in all honesty so these would be for occasional / holiday use really.

Any thoughts welcome :smiley:

I would have thought they would be pretty good for occasional use as you state. I have some Helios Fieldmaster 10x50's and only use them infrequently or when on holiday and they have been more than good enough. 

I agree, the  Nature Sport 8x40 WA 8.2° fov are great value. I  Bought mine from FLO during their Summer price drop!

If I cant decide on my Strathspey Marine, Opticron iMagic, Pentax PCW 10x50s and one other?  sooner or later, I`ll be getting the HNS+10x50 to complete my binocular collection.

I just very nearly bought a set of these bins a few minutes ago because Helios has a good name and reputation. In the end i stuck with what i know and ordered a set of Strathspey 10x50. I didnt go for the Marine ones...........maybe i should have. I just went for the bog standard 10x50 as i just want them for casual observing etc.

http://www.strathspey.co.uk/shop/full.php?q=1409502479

Archived