NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Melotte 15 Mystique rendition

perfrej

Hello all and happy 2015!

I am currently only running tests with some new modeling software that I am writing for 10Micron mounts, but you know how it is; the telescope needs to be pointing at something, so I might as well throw something together from the gathered data.

68 x 10 minutes of Ha

63 x 10 minutes of O3

60 x 10 minutes of S2

All shot between Dec 27 and Jan 5, and everything is unguided with a 72-point model in the mount, polar error 1' 09".

10Micron GM1000HPS on balcony pier

Takahashi FSQ-106 EDX II

SX Wheel with Baader filters

SBIG ST-8300M with broken temperature sensor (but cooler on and working)

Sky flats and some possibly incorrect BIAS frames were used.

Shot with CCD Autopilot, processed in PI and PS6. Very little processing (stretch, assembly, color adjustments, one round of minimal noise reduction, nothing else). The image is cropped due to two different camera rotations used, in turn due to filter wheel repair in the middle.

I am shooting this from Provence with the TEC-140 and a real camera (QSI) right now so I will make a better one when I have that data. From recent experience I am now always shooting 10 hours or more of each channel before even attempting to use the data. It feels good to have proper amounts of data!

Full res: http://filer.frejvall.se/Mel15.jpg

/per

Mel15-1024.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived