Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its been years since I been here

Must be about 3 or 4 years since I was last active on SGL. After starting a family playing in a band semi pro for a few years my intrest in astronomy has been put to the side for some time. Gone is the Skywatcher 200P the ED80 and HEQ 6 Pro mount. I just sold my upgraded EQ5 ( that replaced the HEQ6) as I had to buy a bass amp as my one just packed up right before a gig. However I decided to keep the ED100 and buy a ST80 on a EQ1 mount from FLO. As I could not be without a usable scope at all. Infact I think it might rekindle my intrest and get me out in the garden again. Im also thinking how far can a tweek an ST80. As mad as it seems I was thinking about upgrading the focuser as well as the useral tweeks. I wonder if the EQ1 would take the weight. Im sure putting the ED100 on the EQ1 would be a silly idea.

However I decided to keep the ED100 and buy a ST80 on a EQ1 mount

I did actually read this as both the ED100 and the ST 80 on the EQ1. :eek: :eek:  at least at first glance. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glad you clarified it later. :grin: :grin:

Dave your right I was looking at a focuser around £80 on ebay (GSO) I have had an ST80 in the past and loved it but the focuser is a big let down.  Happy cat I seen the youtube clip. Thats pretty much everything you could do to a ST80. Machael Thanks, I wanted an EQ1 as I can add a motor drive for about £30 Ideally I wanted an ED80 but I would need a bigger mount, But thats where im heading when I get a little extra money after buying expensive bass amps :(

Archived