Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it rubbish out there and I just don't realise it?

PhotoGav

I'm trying to continue an imaging project from last night and tonight the guiding is really struggling to do the job. It was fine last night, nothing has changed, except for the night. Is the seeing just significantly more pants?

How frustrating... It seems quite clear, but perhaps it just isn't..... Oh this hobby does test a man!

I found the seeing awful tonight from Suffolk, possibly the 'atmosphere' is generally clearer / cleaner at home in Cornwall.

I only viewed the bright moon as too much moonshine for much else, but I can't recall a time recently where the view gets so fuzzy and 'defocussed' then snaps back to clear again..,

I gave up after about an hour because of the' seeing'. With the 12" Dob, high powers just did not work 

and I had to drop to about 80x to get a very sharp, but small Jovian disc.

However, 3 observing sessions in the last 5 days, leaves no cause for complaint. :smiley:

Archived