Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More examples with mono images

neil phillips

That's interesting Peter regarding the jerking. I'm thinking outloud here Neil but I'm wondering if this is a imaging source IC capture issue.I remember jerky captures when using my DFK with IC capture but dont recall it happening with my why and its software? IC capture was always a pain for crashing.

I will have to compare to other capture software I think Stuart to make sure. But your right IC capture is buggy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another option that may help if the problem still persists is to consider a faster external SSD in order to increase the write speed (especially for USB3 cams) thereby reducing the load on the RAM buffer. If cams get faster frame rates which they surely will at some point then this is probably the road I'll take.

Pete

I will have to look into this if the problem can not be controlled other ways. Another good suggestion. Thanks for the input again

.....being honest I really don't see anything unusual in that short video Neil: the slight pause/stutter could be anything (even WMP) but the "jittery/fuzzy" onscreen feed is just one of those types of seeing conditions no-one really wants to encounter if they can help it...we suffered quite a lot with that during the Mars apparition this year.

.....being honest I really don't see anything unusual in that short video Neil: the slight pause/stutter could be anything (even WMP) but the "jittery/fuzzy" onscreen feed is just one of those types of seeing conditions no-one really wants to encounter if they can help it...we suffered quite a lot with that during the Mars apparition this year.

I agree the slight pause doesn't look much here but I mentioned it as it's something I experience quite frequently and by the sounds of it others on here do also. In reality these pauses repeat during capture and it can be quite an irritating problem.

The cause of this I'm pretty sure is down to the hard drive not being able to keep up with the data transfer rate from the camera thereby placing more reliance on RAM. When the RAM buffer gets low on resource we get a pause in the capture as we wait for the hard drive to catch up. This is why the USB3 cameras are more prone to this due to the higher data transfer rates (I only see the problem now with my ASI120MM-S cam). The fixes I found for this I noted earlier in the thread but of course newer and higher spec machines probably don't suffer due to their higher spec hardware.

Pete

Ive cleaned the system as much as I can and defragged it, So i will see if it freezes tonight.

Its hard to show what i was getting on the 14 th in live capture it kept only allowing one capture up at a time so i showed the worst and best.

I guess from what everyone is saying, the consensus is i am not doing anything different to what i ever have. Its just my local conditions causing a a lack of quality.

When it goes on for ages i wonder whats happening. Seems to me the conditions here are not as consistent as they have been in the passed, judging from past work.

But then again Jupiter has been going further and further into the winter as each year has progressed. so even though it has been getting higher, the quality has got worse. I didn't expect that, it still seems odd to me. But i don't think i am doing anything different. Just paranoid i guess. Its easy to forget i got a couple of good shots last year with the 300p Then it went AWOL again it was before winter kicked in. there is a pattern here. Oh well looks like i will have to fight for average captures. But i hope something better pops up. It just doesn't feel like it will.

Cheers all for the input

I guess from what everyone is saying, the consensus is i am not doing anything different to what i ever have. Its just my local conditions causing a a lack of quality.

When it goes on for ages i wonder whats happening. Seems to me the conditions here are not as consistent as they have been in the passed, judging from past work.

But then again Jupiter has been going further and further into the winter as each year has progressed. so even though it has been getting higher, the quality has got worse. I didn't expect that, it still seems odd to me. But i don't think i am doing anything different. Just paranoid i guess. Its easy to forget i got a couple of good shots last year with the 300p Then it went AWOL again it was before winter kicked in. there is a pattern here. Oh well looks like i will have to fight for average captures. But i hope something better pops up. It just doesn't feel like it will.

Cheers all for the input

Just looked at this thread again Neil.....this is a problem we all encounter unless we park ourselves on the Equator or somesuch: any particular planet may reach opposition at various times during any year and those times may or may not occur in a season where there are likely to be frequent opportune weather/seeing conditions...

Added to this is the very real element of chance at ALL times when a person goes out to image.....personally Pat & I read the weather charts somewhat differently to what we once did because there is just so much randomness in the whole shebang that you can often get too caught up in second-guessing!

We haven't been imaging for a terribly long time but after a few seasons and oppositions it readily becomes apparent - but it is easy to overlook when you're out there always hoping...very much like fishing! :)

Just looked at this thread again Neil.....this is a problem we all encounter unless we park ourselves on the Equator or somesuch: any particular planet may reach opposition at various times during any year and those times may or may not occur in a season where there are likely to be frequent opportune weather/seeing conditions...

Added to this is the very real element of chance at ALL times when a person goes out to image.....personally Pat & I read the weather charts somewhat differently to what we once did because there is just so much randomness in the whole shebang that you can often get too caught up in second-guessing!

We haven't been imaging for a terribly long time but after a few seasons and oppositions it readily becomes apparent - but it is easy to overlook when you're out there always hoping...very much like fishing! :)

Yes I know its likely paranoia. Though I did get my Orion recoated, and they was originally hilux coatings which are hard to get off.  So that was a worry. But the Sky watcher has also performed poorly, and its as is, from last year. Just started to get a sniff of better seeing on the last outing with the Orion Darryl. Not great but going back towards the right direction I hope. It was windy too. So even better considering how bad long newts blow around at F6.3

post-2700-0-58846000-1419283609.png

Archived