Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trius 694 landed.

Earl

Taken deliver of my CCD today, all plugged in and working.

The provided USB leads are not brill though

Ideallly I need

Male USB Mini B to Male Mini B 25cm

Male USB Mini B to Male Standard B 25cm

I know these leads do exist as I have had them in my hands in the past

Anyone seen any?

post-6688-0-48708400-1418659594_thumb.jp

I wonder if SX have changed the design of the OAG, my loadstar screws onto a c-mount thread im sure. Earl did you need a cmount to T adapter before adding the helical focuser which I presume is non rotating?

Thanks

Mark

I picked this one up second hand I think its a user mod.

I think it must be a female c mount to Male T adapter then a  T - 1.25 eyepiece adapter. 

Ealr if you get a chance can you check nd confirm, I do like that arrangment as I find when screwing the Loadstar directly to the c mount OAG that the loadstar chip does not aligned fully with the OAG prism.

cheers

Mark

Earl,

www.cclonline.com are excellent for computer components and cables.

Could I ask what spacing you are using with the WO 6? I tried one for the first time last night and couldn't quite get it flat.

Matt.

Earl,

www.cclonline.com are excellent for computer components and cables.

Could I ask what spacing you are using with the WO 6? I tried one for the first time last night and couldn't quite get it flat.

Matt.

I removed the Spacer to accodadate the OAG and use a 10mm extension. need to check my numbers though....

SX camera back focus : 17 +/-1mm

Filterwheel 25mm

OAG 17mm

Reducer with spacer removed 68.32 (spacer takes it to 55)

Total left is 9.32

I use a 10mm extension and with a touch of flexability added for a Baader filter, its about right.

I removed the Spacer to accodadate the OAG and use a 10mm extension. need to check my numbers though....

SX camera back focus : 17 +/-1mm

Filterwheel 25mm

OAG 17mm

Reducer with spacer removed 68.32 (spacer takes it to 55)

Total left is 9.32

I use a 10mm extension and with a touch of flexability added for a Baader filter, its about right.

Thanks for that, I'm starting to give mine some suspicious glances.

At 55mm including the spacer the only good thing you could say about the image was that the vignette was spectacular.

At 55mm without the spacer the image was reasonably flat but I'm getting some strange aberrations.

Thanks for confirming what I thought the spacing should be.

Archived