NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up.

Hi All,

I've come across a couple of high end items for sale here in France, a 24 inch Pegaus mirror, top spec and reputedly perfect, with cell and accessories. Also a massive 10 Micron GM4000 mount, again hardly (if at all) used. The owner has decided not to persue the setting up of a place like mine (though on a rather more affluent scale!!) Neither item is cheap but both are expeptionally attractive and it was a painful decision for me to decide not to pounce. If anyone is interested please just PM me and I'll fill you in on the details. I only know the vendor through email correspondence but his English is excellent and he has made a very favourable impression on me, hence this post.

Olly

This mount would carry a 60mm neutron star...

Olly

Just out of interest (and I'm showing my ignorance here) What would you need to mount on this that the gm2000 wouldn't handle? ok, I realise the 2000 is limited to 60kg (i think) but what set-up is going to be this big? or is there other factors to concider such as accuracy etc? (told ya I was ignorant :D).

The owner had in mind a 24 inch Newtonian (hence the nice Pegasus mirror also for sale.)

Other options would be multiple scope rigs. This is coming in below the cost of a new Paramount ME or GM2000, by the way.

Olly

I did wonder if that was the case. shame he's not going ahead with it. I'd love to see that 

The owner had in mind a 24 inch Newtonian (hence the nice Pegasus mirror also for sale.)

Other options would be multiple scope rigs. This is coming in below the cost of a new Paramount ME or GM2000, by the way.

Olly

Gina? She's been talking about long FL and multiple 'scopes.

I'd be tempted but I don't have either the experiance or location to do either justice.

"Darling, that money we put aside to replace the car... I've spent it making sure the Earth doesn't wobble under my telescope."

Hmmm...  No...  I can't really see it going down well.

James

Wise up, man. Darling, unless I can find some way of stabilizing the Earth it really woudn't be a good idea to replace the car. Imaging a sudden terrestrial guiding error as we negotiating a narrow bridge...

Olly

whats Fratio of the mirror ?

F5. This is the information I have;

• 24" f/5 mirror from John Hall of Pegasus Optics. It comes with a wiffletree 18-point cell made by Nova-Z and an Antares flat rated at 1/30p-v. The primary has a Strehl better than 0.99 and 0.5 x RTA. It is 2" thick (must check this, could be 2.5"). Looking for 4500€ for the lot.

Just out of interest (and I'm showing my ignorance here) What would you need to mount on this that the gm2000 wouldn't handle? ok, I realise the 2000 is limited to 60kg (i think) but what set-up is going to be this big? or is there other factors to concider such as accuracy etc? (told ya I was ignorant :D).

CDK 24"- 108Kg and 4 metres of focal length.

:shocked:

Archived