NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Powertank to EQ3-2 dual motor controller adapter - will this work?

bendiddley

The powertank is 12v, the motors are 6v. If you connect the powertank directly to the handcontrol you wil fry it.

Can anyone tell me if this power supply can be used to connect my Skywatcher 7AH powertank to my EQ3-2 dual motor controller? I've attached photos of the power tank and dual motor controller. Hope someone can help.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/universal-3a-dc-power-supply/588-3814.prd?skuId=588-3814&fromRV=true

attachicon.gifIMG_0383.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0385.JPG

I t should work. Remember to set the voltage and the polarity.

The item you listed in your link should be fine if however you are ok with a little DIY you could build one using LM2596 regulators.

This is mine that can be powered from either a 12V battery or wall device and supples 6V for the mount and 7.5V, 5V for my camera and phone (used as an intervalometer)

Alan

post-32578-0-37887800-1418310801_thumb.j

post-32578-0-97281100-1418310814_thumb.j

The item you listed in your link should be fine if however you are ok with a little DIY you could build one using LM2596 regulators.

This is mine that can be powered from either a 12V battery or wall device and supples 6V for the mount and 7.5V, 5V for my camera and phone (used as an intervalometer)

Alan

Wow there's diy and there's diy, unfortunately electronics isn't one of my sting points so think I'd have to give that route a miss, looks impressive though! 

The powertank is 12v, the motors are 6v. If you connect the powertank directly to the handcontrol you wil fry it.

I t should work. Remember to set the voltage and the polarity.

How do you set the polarity and how would I find out what the polarity is?

Archived