Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What have I imaged? Sun 3/12/14

kev

Ok still on the 3rd. Bear in mind these are raw jpgs (I do have the .cr2 files), watch to the right of the Sun!

Ideas on a postcard by reply please. Never seen this before in my images.

Ive added a ZIP of the images as its not as clear in the uploaded images, unzip em and go through em.

Vapourising comet?

Kev

post-5046-0-47962500-1417940972_thumb.jp

post-5046-0-72217000-1417940992_thumb.jp

post-5046-0-84570800-1417941008_thumb.jp

post-5046-0-87184500-1417941027_thumb.jp

zip.zip

Never have any luck with posted images, do you mean to 2 little sticky out bits at 2 O'clock and 3 O'clock on the edge of the sun?

If so a couple of small solar flares.

Try expanding them, more may come out.

Cannot make out anything else but you say "Watch to the right of the Sun", which I actually read as not on the sun but somewhere off the right hand side and I get nothing that is not on the sun. Equally just about every post with an image I usually manage nothing - I have looked at what comes out here as a blank screen many times, I think it is the inabilities of the PC. So every chance someone else will detect something.

What is the filtering on the scope, colour is one I have not seen previously and no graining of the surface.

What time would that have been, Kev?

I had a few minutes observing around lunchtime on Wed. 3rd and turned away for a few seconds. As I turned back to the eyepiece I thought I saw something appear to shoot away from the NE limb. But it was so fast and fleeting I assumed it must have been an aircraft or bird flying by which I had glimpsed and gave it no more thought.

Prolly not related to your image but interesting to know if anything 'fits together' ...

Wow, very interesting!

Bit easier to see in the red channel. Looks a bit like a tail that grows as it gets closest to the sun. I have no idea for sure what it is, but I would be dreaming that it's a sun skimmer and hoping an expert can confirm.

If it was me it'd probably turn out to be a bird or something! :grin:

certainly not a comet, moving way to fast. when imaging the proms, between imaging runs i spend a lot of time staring at the PC screen. you do see a lot of things, passing over, by, in and around the sun. some are going to be man made objects, most are going to be random stuff blowing around at various altitudes. some do look like they are in some way nearby the sun, but reality i dont think they are. 

Archived