Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

On the issue of Light Pollution

JRWASTRO

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cloud pollution seems the main problem here.  :laugh:

Here is a rare clear night, about as good as I can remember, with no LP filter.

I have local LP plus Horsham, Crawley and Gatwick to the N/NE.

Brighton to Worthing SE to SW and our town lighting directly West with football field lights and a sports centre/school.

It could be worse and only gets better after the local lights go out after 1.30AM.

post-30455-0-85007800-1416725184.jpg

Cloud pollution seems the main problem here.  :laugh:

Here is a rare clear night, about as good as I can remember, with no LP filter.

I have local LP plus Horsham, Crawley and Gatwick to the N/NE.

Brighton to Worthing SE to SW and our town lighting directly West with football field lights and a sports centre/school.

It could be worse and only gets better after the local lights go out after 1.30AM.

attachicon.gif21092014 010.jpg

My sister in law lives in West Hoathly , they have darker skies than I do. At times I have taken a small scope there just in case .Have a look at this link, it doesn't look good at all.http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/pl/uk/vue-generale.jpg

A.G

Here the map is green, the best direction is towards the east.

I hope they never put lights on the bypass as that would be a real pain as thats towards the east.

Good nights I can see the MW and the bright constellations but often there is a lot of clag in the air.

Where we are is the inbound heavies route for Gatwick and at one a minute it's gotta fill the air with rubbish. 

If it clears tonight I may take a couple of pics to post for comparison. It's pretty orange here.

It was crystal clear about 6 pm, went out for an indian with the family and came back about 8.30pm. I fancied a longish session on M45, everything was set up by 9 pm and guess what clouds have rolled in again. I am really fed up this as it was  supposd to be clear all night.

A.G

It was crystal clear about 6 pm, went out for an indian with the family and came back about 8.30pm. I fancied a longish session on M45, everything was set up by 9 pm and guess what clouds have rolled in again. I am really fed up this as it was  supposd to be clear all night.

A.G

Hope you enjoyed the curry, at least...

I can't use my OSC CCD from my location. The colours come out really horrible. This is a direct result of light pollution. I don't get major problems when I shoot mono LRGB. Perhaps I might need to look at how the OSC colour is being post processed.

Archived