NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Humboldt crater with surroundings.

Mr Bergman

Hello folks, 

Long time since I posted anything. Got a gap in the clouds yesterday so I thought I´d try my new Astronomik IR 742.  Roughly one day after full moon should be the best time to observe/image the details in the Humboldt crater.  

Best 30% of 1000. AS2! and then deconvoluted in AstraImage.  

/Erik

651b625fe15b64819921d1dcd5f31206.620x0_q

Link to full image; http://www.astrobin.com/full/126885/0/ 

I want to purchase an IR filter soon, I used a red filter on my last 2 mosaics, makes it better, but really want to get IR.

Did you use QHYY5L?

TiTanecd - yes I used a QHY5-ii colour version. Although if I had known better I should have bought the mono version instead. It´s even more sensitive! The IR is an Astronomik 742. 

Hello

Good shoot, it is a hard area to imaged, but you have artefacts on this image.

You can do a test with Avistack 2 (http://www.avistack.de/) who saved me some images.

Good night.

Luc

Thanks Luc! Yes I also noticed some artefacts  - I will have a look at Avistack 2 ASAP! Thanks. 

Have a nice evening! 

/Erik

Ordering the IR 742 today.

I want crisp images like you :)

Thank you! Although you will be able to produce much better results with good collimation and better seing, AND when the moon is not so bright. Oh, and if you use the qhy5 colour, make sure that you remove the original ir/uv-filter before using the IR742.

/Erik

Thank you! Although you will be able to produce much better results with good collimation and better seing, AND when the moon is not so bright. Oh, and if you use the qhy5 colour, make sure that you remove the original ir/uv-filter before using the IR742.

/Erik

Hi,

How does one go about removing the original IR/UV filter from a Planetary camera? I do not have the QHY5 but I have an ASI120-MC (Colour).

I cannot see any obvious way of removing anything from my ASI as it looks like it is all built in...

Thanks

Hi,

How does one go about removing the original IR/UV filter from a Planetary camera? I do not have the QHY5 but I have an ASI120-MC (Colour).

I cannot see any obvious way of removing anything from my ASI as it looks like it is all built in...

Thanks

I haven't used ASI-cameras, but the QHY5-ii colour has a removable filter fitted as a nosepiece that you just unscrew. It was Bernard at Modern Astronomy who actually pointed this out when I bought my filter.

/Erik

Archived