Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some stars and me

Selfie. For me this pic brings back the experience of being on my own in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, just me and my camera with just a few stars for company. Makes you feel kind of insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It's difficult for some people to understand, but I'm sure I don't need to explain it to you guys.

Kingsdale, Yorkshire Dales. Canon 6d + Samyang 14mm.

post-22965-0-86195400-1412371659_thumb.j

Cheers KCS. Yes, it's a nice lens for capturing horizon to zenith plus a bit of foreground. With it being ultra wide angle some perspective correction in PS is needed though if there are verticals in the foreground.

Great. I guessed 'Yorkshire Dales' as soon as I saw it, too. Homesick for a moment!

Olly

Thanks Olly. Yes, that's the Whernside ridge on the right and LP from the major metropolis of Hawes 10 miles away. I might be from Manchester but I spend so much time up there I must qualify as an honorary Tyke by now :-)

Cheers guys.

Cool ! I envy people with an artistic eye

I took some shots with just the lane as foreground but they were lacking something. I looked around for something to add some interest to the foreground and all I had lying around was me .... So that's how I ended up in the shot!

Archived