Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

light pollution filter

mak90fan

Hi can anyone please advise on whether it is worth purchasing a Light Pollution Filter for astrophotography?

Thanks John

Sent from my YP-G70

Unless you are imagine from a true dark site, a very rare commodity in the UK, or are doing Narrow Band Imaging then I am afraid that it is mandatory to put a LP filter in the light path as close to the semsor as possible. Buy the best that you can afford. Baader Neodumium, Astronomik CLS CCD and IDAS are the names to look out for.

A.G

Although im lucky enough to have a good dark sky in my backgarden i need to use this guy here:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/light-pollution-reduction/skywatcher-light-pollution-filter.html

Unfortunately on the other side of my house there are a couple of those yellowish street lamp that made my pics full of noise.

That filter helped me a lot and now in my pics i dont see anymore that yellowish tinge from the street lamps.

Hope this helps.

Unless you are imagine from a true dark site, a very rare commodity in the UK, or are doing Narrow Band Imaging then I am afraid that it is mandatory to put a LP filter in the light path as close to the semsor as possible. Buy the best that you can afford. Baader Neodumium, Astronomik CLS CCD and IDAS are the names to look out for.

A.G

I put mine close to the imaging camera but wasn't aware that there is a specific reason to do this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived