NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bubble nebula and M52 HaRGB first light FSQ85

Barry-Wilson

Having had some imaging time this last week, I persevered with intermittent clear skies to grab 4 x 900s of Ha with my new 5nm Astrodon, 7 x 180s RGB, all subs unbinned with my 460EX, to finish off the Bubble and M52 for a first light test of the FSQ85 at its native F5.3.  I cheated a little with the processing, using flats from another set up :police: , as the 0.73x reducer arrived from Ian King earlier this week and I just couldn't wait to get it fitted and begin aligning it, sacrificing time for taking flats.  A quick process with PixInsight - not perfectly executed as I seem to have introduced a bit of blue halo (could that be the result of the flats?) on some stars (there is PI routine to eliminate but haven't learned that yet).  However, it's very pleasing to view my first image with the new scope, much better control of stars with the exceptional optics.

I'm hoping for fine weather on Friday night to tweak alignment though I know it will be tricky at F3.9 - thank you to Martin-Devon for advice thus far.

Thanks for looking.

Barry

post-28392-0-25923500-1411677642_thumb.j

Archived