NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

fleabay OAG

I bought one of those, and it does seem to be identical to the generic ones that a number of retailers sell for more than double the price.  I haven't had a lot of luck with it, but that is more down to the lack of sensitivity of my guide camera than any problem with the device itself.

The only issue really is that you have a relatively small amount of rotation for the prism - there are three angled flanges on rear of the front half with gaps between them.  You can position the prism/stalk assembly in any of these three gaps but the range of movement is quite small - 20 to 30 degrees of rotation before you have to take it apart and re-assemble in the next gap.  Other than that it is as good as any of the others of the same design - no problems with purchase or payment either, so if you think the TS or similar model is OK for you, then you might as well buy this one and save a chunk of cash.

I brought one of these and very impressed - solid build, thin and useful selection of extension tubes. I was testing this last night and have posted a thread on getting the OAG to work with DSLR and CC.

Guiding results were good, despite new big newt and gusty conditions. Plenty of stars to choose at 1200mm, with qhy5l-iim.

I just picked one up to use on my SBIG as im not liking the guilt in guide chip (only seem to be able to use maxim with it).

I got a second chance at £50.00 + pnp which i thought a resonable price for what it is.

I have had the TS one in the past so ill be able to give an opinion of it in comparison.

Archived