Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DELOS eyepieces 17.3mm & 12mm GREAT PRICE

bomberbaz

There have been a lot of Delos eyepieces for sale recently here and in the USA where the "Cloudnights" forum is discussing why this might be.

The Delos are critically considered to be one of the very best, if not the best, designs that Tele Vue have produced to date. They stick to the immensely popular 70ish degree FoV and a comfortable for everyone 20mm of eye relief plus the adjustable height eye cup. Even Tele Vue sceptics seem OK with having a Delos or two in their collection.

I've recently acquired a 10mm Delos to see what the fuss is about first hand and I'm pretty impressed with it but I'm a TV fan so perhaps no surprise there.

I guess they are still expensive in the overall scheme of things, cheaper alternatives come close and they are large and long eyepieces.

The two above (not mine !), if in the condition they look to be in, are just under 70% of the retail price including delivery so a fair price.

Here are the details of the deal: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TELE-VUE-DELOS-EYEPIECE-12-MM-/271607442100?pt=UK_Telescope_Eyepieces&hash=item3f3d10aab4

£169 for a a Delos in used condition, but with box. Tthat  is about €215.

I paid €310 for my 12 and 8mm new (got the 8mm only yestarday).

A used value at 70% of the new value is rather normal, isn't it?

£190 to £200 seems to be the going rate for a mint used Delos with box in the UK.

I guess that people (richer than me) bought multiple lengths and found that they just don't need 2mm steps. It is a lot of cash to have tied up in rarely used glass. Or, they are upgrading to wider fields.

Paul

I don't know why people are selling them, you can't even blame summer holidays now, I would buy the two I don't have because for me they are that good, I have just received my second 10mm, an eyepiece I bought the day it came out and then sold it as a 10mm  Ethos came by. I think I would use the 8mm more than the 17.3 but if and when.

Myself I would have liked to seen more of them at the short end with a 4mm 5mm and a 7mm and I think I would have bought them as I have a few short scopes, at the sharp end these and the Pentax XW  ( again more require in the range) are about as good as you can get with 20mm of ER.

Alan.

Archived