Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Triangular mount enclosure

teleskopjo

It is light indeed, but taking an EQ3 pro in and out each time is becoming a pain ;).. 

So I thought of making an enclosure based on a triangular prism, with 80cm sides, 120cm high. Just lift it off.

Will look like this 

www.absorbentminds.co.uk/acatalog/N018803_E.jpg

http://www.absorbentminds.co.uk/acatalog/N018803_E.jpg

Anyone has something similar?

Any particular reason other than cool, to have a triangular box? The challenge comes in making the 30 degree cut on the edge.

Don't know the cost of getting wood cut is by you. I bought a 2m x 1m chipboard for around $20 and they charged $7 per cut... Just got my electric saw at home :p  

If I make it rectangular it will be quite massive to lift up being an 80cm box...but true, the angles will be 90 degrees.

I will make a wooden triangle top and bottom, vertical strips of wood near the edges, and 4mm plywood meeting at the vertices.. The quick fix would be duct taping the edges and applying a coat of white exterior paint over the entire thing. I do not intend this to be a permanent job but something to allow me to do a series of observations at a time.

It's triangular to take least space on the tripod footprint (I do not have the intention to make a pier for this as I need portability).

If you put hinges down one corner and a catch/lock on the other, you could then just open one side and slide/roll the cover away from the mount. You could even paint it a stone colour and/or stick little mirror pieces to it to disguise it as a garden ornament.

I would guess because the tripod footprint is triangular?

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Yes but was more aimed at if its going to be moved while in use than technically any shape can work, but with given requirements like 2 pieces, the bottom could remain and only the top moved. Then for space the triangular design is better.

Archived