Elephant's Trunk in HaRGB

PhotoGav

My first attempt at an HaRGB process:

post-29321-0-49603300-1409269898_thumb.p

Details:

Ha 8 x 1200s

RGB 6 x 600s each

Evostar 80ED with reducer and QSI 683.

I have processed this with some Ha mixed in the red channel and then a luminance layer made by blending the Ha and R(Ha)GB layers, if that makes any sense.

Hope you like it and if you don't, please tell me why!!! As always, comments to help improve are greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

Thank you Rob, Sara & Phil.

Yes, I'm happy with this one. It really wasn't too tricky to process (relatively!), which I think suggests that the data was pretty good! I think I might have a fiddle with the star colour using a technique Olly has detailed in his most recent image post thread and see if I can tease some colour out.

Looking good Gav, just wondering though if there's any merit in pushing the curves and sharpening a little more? You have a decent amount of data with 4 hours of H-alpha, that can be pushed to some extent. Will be interested to see what boost you can get with the star colour processing as well. Olly's given a nice tip there, I also find the Noel's action for star colour quite useful. 

Martin

Archived