Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

carbon effect vinyl

astronymonkey

After doing a significant amount of mods to my scope Im now considering the final look of the thing and Im leaning towards a graphite coloured woven carbon effect for the tube. :smiley:

I know it has nothing to do with the performance of the scope but I like the carbon "look" which will be a bit more trendy looking than the standard white tube.

It seems there are two options, one being self adhesive vinyl (like fablon of DC fix), and the second being vinyl wrap (the sort which is used to cover vans etc for vehicle styling).

So does anyone have any suggestions on the best stuff to use and where to get it from etc (Im after the 3d textured effect rather than just a printed effect).

Cheers

Ebay is a good place to start. I did a bit of reading about it and 3M seems to be the way that people go. It has grooves on the adhesive side which make it harder for air to be trapped. Might just be a gimick though.

I did a Star travel 150 frac a few years back, it sort of started a trend to cover scopes in carbon wrap, i used the 3M and like to think it came out well and its a good way to rejuvenate an older scope 

Archived