Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which CCD is your primary DSO imaging camera

Earl

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which make CCD is your primary DSO imaging camera?

• Atik
    • FLI
    • Morovian
    • Apogee
    • Meade
    • Celeston
    • QSI
    • SBIG
    • Starlight Xpress
    • QHY
    • Other please specify.

Im curious as to what people use,  I have noticed a swing to QSI as i have noticed lots of forum members taking them up over the last year or so, but I could be missing other posts ofc.

I will admit im one of the new QSI users and do sing thier praises.

My own cameras are Atik but I use an SX belonging to Yves as well. I do like Atik, both the cameras and the company, and they are on the right side of the pond for me. Having the whole system integrated has been a huge marketing coup for QSI and their cameras are very well made. But, so far as I've been able to discover, so are Atik's. Atik are moving towards integration as well, of course. It has to be the way.

Olly

OSC can get away with it however if you are happy without an OAG

Until late last year, my primary imaging camera was an OSC (SXVF-M25C) but my vote above was for QSI as that is now my primary CCD camera. However, I am interested in your comment above because I routinely use my OSC with an OAG and it would be easy to produce an all-in-one casing with an OSC sensor and OAG?

I agree it has advantages, i just dont see them making OSC's with oags built in, i think it all started with built in filterwheels as Atik have started to do, I guess to get 1.25" filters as close to the sensor as possible avoiding the cost of 2 inch filters, which is a nice saving and size reduction too, this progressed to oag options, did Sbig start the trend? Sbig also do guide cam in the same box dont they?

Archived