NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 150 PRO weight ???

Going against the grain, no reason not to use the 150 pro as a travel scope, i sold my rather heavy 180 pro to fund my 150, this was so i could use the 150 on my AZ4 mount, which i have to say works VERY well indeed, in fact the 150 is more stable than the TAL100 due to being so short, hope some of this rambling helps

Going against the grain, no reason not to use the 150 pro as a travel scope, i sold my rather heavy 180 pro to fund my 150, this was so i could use the 150 on my AZ4 mount, which i have to say works VERY well indeed, in fact the 150 is more stable than the TAL100 due to being so short, hope some of this rambling helps

Jules - is the stated weight of 5.6kgs correct ?

Jules - is the stated weight of 5.6kgs correct ?

David, if i remember i will put it on digital b/room scales and weigh it toninght

@ Nightfisher, In your opinion would the Skymax 180mm Maksutov peform better than the Celestron SCT C8  on the moon and planets and how much cooling down do the 180 Maks need? :) Thanks 

Natt, i really would not like to say, but the 180 mak is very good, but its only a true 170 (mirror diameter) so a C8 has more aperture and less cooling....both very good scope

Archived