Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beta testers needed - Episode 2 :)

Yoddha

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Dave,  updated my nano and played around in AAF2 and APT v2.55 (thanks Ivo), only the focuser connected but all seemed well behaved, starts at 1000, can set steps in APT, tried to push past zero but no negatives here  :smiley:

Well done Dave,  updated my nano and played around in AAF2 and APT v2.55 (thanks Ivo), only the focuser connected but all seemed well behaved, starts at 1000, can set steps in APT, tried to push past zero but no negatives here  :smiley:

Thanks Mick. It's all positive from now on :rolleyes2:

Many thanks for the screenshots Dave!

But I have no explanation (yet) :( Did it happen with previous version of APT? Could you try it with 2.54? 

I'm on vacation and forgot to get a USB cable so will be able to make better tests after a week :(

• 2 weeks later...

it's running 16bit. the computer i use to control the scope and camera is an intel atom using a d945 chipset. there's no gpu as i use RDP and control it with my nexus7 remotely. i'll see if i can find 32bit drivers for the onboard graphics though

probably both. i can get the computer to run 32bit locally but only at 1024x768 but all the rdp apps i tried  have it at 16bit on the nexus which is 1920x1200. only way round it is to put a gpu in the computer but then i lose my wireless access point so no connection to the computer lol.

and yeah 2.54 was the same :/ ho hum... manual focusing isn't such a chore....

I tried the auto focus last week but I didn't give it a proper test as I'd been battling with Astrotortilla and my filter wheel was on the blink. My patience was a little thin.

I too found the star to dissappear but it was on a frame I'd shot before setting preview to 1:1. The second try was fine.

The autofocus didn't work very well though. I started from nearly perfect focus and it finished quite quickly but not at a satisfactory point.

In loop mode it never got even close to back in focus. I've got some screen shots at home that I'll post.

As I say though, it was a rushed test. I'll have a proper go next time out and I'll keep some screen shots and log files.

Matt.

probably both. i can get the computer to run 32bit locally but only at 1024x768 but all the rdp apps i tried  have it at 16bit on the nexus which is 1920x1200. only way round it is to put a gpu in the computer but then i lose my wireless access point so no connection to the computer lol.

and yeah 2.54 was the same :/ ho hum... manual focusing isn't such a chore....

Dave, I have no big experience with the RDPs, but tried UltraVNC which allows to see the remote desktop in the native resolution (1024x768). Maybe it will help?

Many thanks Matt!

Did you change the Threshold, Course and Fine steps? They should match to your setup ;)

I did change them but it was getting late. I didn't give it fair chance.

I'll test more throughly next time.

Archived