Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is that eight slot for?

Earl

I've got the Atik EFW2 with 9 filter positions. Starting in position 2 I have LRGB then 4 narrowband including Hb, but in position 1 there is  a clear glass filter on the assumption that it is better that any dust gets onto that rather than an "in use" filters or the camera chip.

I've got the Atik EFW2 with 9 filter positions. Starting in position 2 I have LRGB then 4 narrowband including Hb, but in position 1 there is  a clear glass filter on the assumption that it is better that any dust gets onto that rather than an "in use" filters or the camera chip.

I forgot about 9's :) sounds a fair setup.

I have both an 8 wheel (QSI) and a 9 wheel (Atik) and both are fully populated. LRGB Ha OIII SII and Hb in both plus a Hutech IDAS LP filter in the 9th slot of the Atik.

As for a Jaffa cake holder, surely the slot would be better served by the insertion of Mini Cheddar?

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Hi Sara, only for certain objects - the Rosette and Dumbbell nebulae spring to mind but in fairness it is not used that much but it does contribute quite well to a limited number of objects.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Hb tends to trace the same gasses as Ha, only more faintly, but I can see Hb bringing a bit of colour variety to what are normally Ha dominated targets. 

You could always put a black disk in the slot in order to 'belt and braces' your dark-taking if doing them on the scope?

Olly

Archived