Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi all. First shots with my set up.

Hi all its been a bout 16 days since i got my set up and tonight thanks to a break in the rain I got to take my first set of shots and I aimed for the Moon here are two shots that I loaded up on picasa (Still need to load photoshop).post-37975-0-52675100-1407105396.jpgpost-37975-0-33353900-1407105398_thumb.j

Thanks Knight, about half way through the second reading of "Making every photon count" and I remember seeing about Registax and deep sky stacker but I was just to excited and impatient the other night and with the Bi-polar weather we have in Ireland sometimes I just ran out took a few shots and loaded it up on picasa which auto edits and refines when uploading. I am going to try and install both deep sky stacker and registax and see which one is the most user (and colourblind) friendly. but in saying that I wasnt sure of i had to stack the pictures of the moon but im guessing I do hahaha. I'm trying to run before I can crawl. Thanks for the info and help :)

Deep sky stacker is really for DSOs. For planetary work you could use Registax 6 or my preference would be AS!2 and then tweek in R6. With Reg6 or AS!2 you would be best off taking an AVI and then they stack the frames. DSS uses multiple single images.

Peter

Thanks Knight, about half way through the second reading of "Making every photon count" and I remember seeing about Registax and deep sky stacker but I was just to excited and impatient the other night and with the Bi-polar weather we have in Ireland sometimes I just ran out took a few shots and loaded it up on picasa which auto edits and refines when uploading.

Sounds like a good plan. There is nothing wrong with taking and posting single frame images, you can still get decent results that way and it's good practise on focussing and camera settings. I prefer to learn in a hands-on way myself, as if I read too much without putting it into practise it doesn't stick very well.

Sounds like a good plan. There is nothing wrong with taking and posting single frame images, you can still get decent results that way and it's good practise on focussing and camera settings. I prefer to learn in a hands-on way myself, as if I read too much without putting it into practise it doesn't stick very well.

True that Knight to be honest I still have lots to learn and figure out but I prefer to just get out there and do it and learn from mistakes and it would be alot easier if there was someone about in my area that i could get tips and hints from but there isnt even an astronmy club here in Wexford but I'm going to try and set one up aswell and hopefully find some astronmy veterans to help out :)

Archived