Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ha sun 2nd-8-14

sooot

tried attempting an image using 2x barlow today first one was going great until great big storm cloud came so could only half complete, then the sun shone again and got a full disk but also got the rings :embarrassed: , one was taken off the decking and one on grass, and to be honest im getting better results off the decking when it comes to newton rings, maybe because I don't re level mount and when on deck its more slanted than the tower of pisa and tracking suffers.

larger images on flikr

craig

first attempt...on decking 8 panes 400 frames each 50% stacked

'14623993659_5c50ce5d51_b.jpgsun 2nd aug by sooot22, on Flickr'

second attempt on grass 18 panes 400 frames 50% stacked

'14624898690_795972787d_b.jpgsun 2nd august 2014 by sooot22, on Flickr'

Very nice again, Craig. I'm having to image from decking a fair bit at the mo, it's the best positioned in the garden to catch the Sun early. Though I can keep myself off the deck once it's set up so that I can move a little during the capture! I used to be like a statue up on the deck :grin:

Same here. Decks raised and suns just above trees early morning. Evening is fine . Saw the dark clouds so decided first one on deck. Quick entry into house. Just have to ban the dog and kids while on it lol

Archived