Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7822 Bi-colour

swag72

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either version is an excellent result Sara, as you say different targets produce different results with Bi colour.

You can get inventive with mixing the two filters & using layers but it is what it is.

Your comfort zone is clearly your frac, i don't blame you either, it's not at all easy imaging at F10 & F6.3 is not that much more forgiving either BUT the SCT does have it's place.

My first setup was the 8" SCT on a CG5-GT using a DSLR, some may say i was mad starting with that setup BUT it does force you to learn very quickly to 'try' & get the best from it.

I will hang onto mine, for now, as with the new mount, EQMod & more time imaging things 'seem' to be progressing.

I too enjoy the frac over the sct mainly for the fov though, of course the optics are a bonus as well.

Looking forward to your next outing Sara.

Thanks Ewan and Mary.

The frac just produces the goods, the longer focal length SCT a little less so. It also requires totally different processing techniques. Still, there's a place for longer and shorter focal length imaging in my heart!!!

Archived