Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with my new ASI 120mm 19-07-14

StarRaver

Evening all,

last night i manage to get out and grab a quick avi to test out my new asi 120mm at moon rise so this was quite low on the horizon when captured

I have also got the manual filter wheel and lrgb filters but didnt have enough time between the clouds to try them out .

This avi was 30 seconds long at 1280x960 27fps

post-21044-0-17922600-1405905911_thumb.p

I have to say there is a massive diffence in quality compared to my old Qhy5v and im looking forward to getting a full cloudless night to play with the camera and filter wheel properly

thanks for looking

Dale

Thank you Peter and Bryan,

I have been very impressed with it so far, much less hot pixels compared to the Qhy5v at this temperature (nothing a dark frame doesnt fix ) and firecapture is a breeze to use. 

It is suppose to be clear here tonight so fingers crossed i can  get out with it again, hopefully I will be able to use the filter wheel and filters and try some dso imagaing as i have seen some stunning images taken with this chip

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the Fire Capture and it runs very well with the images obtained with the Qhy 5L. Too bad I'm currently testing an un Qhy 5P with new sensor which unfortunately does not run in FC not allowing me to do a fair comparison with the results obtained with the 5L!

Archived