Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 - 15-07-14

M13 - Great Globular cluster in Hercules

1st try with my coma corrector and its done an amazing job! no more coma :D
i did want to get about 4 hours worth of data on this last night but only managed about 1hr 20mins as my house got in the way :(
also 1st time using flats

SW 130-pds with 0.9x Coma Corrector and Baader Neodymium filter

HEQ5

Canon 7D

40x 120sec light subs
50x darks
50x flats
50x bias

14665487461_a5a9b3145b_c.jpg

M13 - Great Globular Cluster in Hercules by tingting44, on Flickr

Lovely image. Teeny tiny little stars and good star colour, which can be a challenge for a DSLR :D

Thanks Rik :) im happily surprised how much the coma correctors do there job :D

edit, Thanks Knight :) ill tell you when it finishes uploading to Astrobin and it plate solves it lol

I can just see a galaxy to the right and up a bit (I forget it's name).

and that sir would be....... NGC 6207 :)

http://www.astrobin.com/107838/

Looks pretty much the same in my 16" minus the colour great effort

wow....really! that must be awsome with your 16"er! i wouldnt get much of a view through my 5"er lol.... i could only imagine what it would look like through an EP, since ive been really getting into AP i cant actually remember the last time i used an EP lol

a lovely image. Nice work :smiley: .

Rune

Thanks Rune  :)

Lovely image, great sharp stars and lovely colour. Well worth the late night yesterday. As for the house... You'll just have to move it!

What did you think of APT?

Thank you Gav! :) defo worth the late night, bummer about the house tho loool :D

I love APT now, just takes a little getting use to, i used it all last night to get my data, dont think ill be forking out $30 for BYE now tho....

i have to say tho i used google chrome remote connection to connect my desktop to my notebook in the garden for the 1st time, now i could get use to this! it was bliss viewing and controlling the rig from my warm front room with a chilled beverage :D

thanks for the APT battery advice last night too mate :D glad to see your getting the most out of your CCD by the looks of it :D i cant wait till i can afford to move into the world of CCD's

I'm a complete fan of APT - it's an excellent piece of software and amazing value too. It's brilliant if you connect it up to your mount too.

interesting with the google remote set up. I use Teamviewer on the ipad to log on to the laptop in the garden. Yes, sitting on the sofa while the rig whirs away is great - though I do like to nip out and sit there staring up every now and again.

Good to chat last night and a pleasure to be of assistance. Loving the CCD and look forward to posting my first light when ready...

Clear Skies!

Right.... now youve got the 130 nailed (barring some minor mechanical improvements or flocking), get a Ha filter on it and point it at something in Cygnus ;) you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good M13, and its something that can take 5 or 10min subs to get the outer "swarm" of stars. It also responds well to a layer mask if you want avoid burning the core if you want to add longer subs or stretch the data further.

I'm a complete fan of APT - it's an excellent piece of software and amazing value too. It's brilliant if you connect it up to your mount too.

interesting with the google remote set up. I use Teamviewer on the ipad to log on to the laptop in the garden. Yes, sitting on the sofa while the rig whirs away is great - though I do like to nip out and sit there staring up every now and again.

Good to chat last night and a pleasure to be of assistance. Loving the CCD and look forward to posting my first light when ready...

Clear Skies!

im looking forward to seeing your posting of your 1st light by the sneak peak you gave me last night!!! :D

Right.... now youve got the 130 nailed (barring some minor mechanical improvements or flocking), get a Ha filter on it and point it at something in Cygnus ;) you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good M13, and its something that can take 5 or 10min subs to get the outer "swarm" of stars. It also responds well to a layer mask if you want avoid burning the core if you want to add longer subs or stretch the data further.

now your talking lol :) the 130 seems to be singing nicely now, id love to get a Ha filter, i just love the Ha subs on there own without adding any other filter's, i could easily just image in Ha lol i dont know if i want to go down the Ha route for the DSLR tho as i will be getting a CCD next year, probably the Atik 314l+ to begin with.....so might just muddle on for this year with the DSLR

Thanks Rob, yes i cant wait to have a proper imaging session at my dark forest spot to bang out some 10+ min subs as from my light polluted garden i can only push 2 mins now with my baader LP filter (before the LP filter i could only expose for 1min) so im getting all my practice in now while the skies are light so as to not waste the nice dark skies when they return

thanks for the M13 tips Rob! ill for sure be going back to this one and would like to spend a good few nights getting various length subs for M13, there is soo much more you can get out of M13 with dark skies and long subs like you say

Archived