Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Large CME now 5pm,

Peter Drew

It is very busy at the moment, there is a triple prom in the 1 O'clock position, a fat spike at 3 O'clock , 3 proms at 5 O'clock and the monster at 7 O'clock :laugh:

Its a good job I can tell the time :grin: a big thanks to my primary school teachers

The detached prominence was still easily visible in my PST at 1.50pm this afternoon - it clouded over shortly afterwards!  Nice prominences too on the limb beneath it, a '3d-loop', a 'bush' and a 'squirty oil can'.  :grin:

Okay. I need a reality check.

Stephen, I think (Zakalwe user name), my first reaction was the typical double positive - aye, right! - as often used by us cynical Scots persons. 'Nae chance you did that yersel pal', kinda stuff. Then I looked at your website. Wow! You dancer, you!

Now don't take advantage of a learner's gullibility, please. Tell me, tell me, tell me do, honest mind, did you put that video/animation together? Cos if so, that's just so too special. (Totally special, or pure dead special north of Hadrian's Wall, I think may be the more modern vernacular.)

Come on now, cross your heart, etc.

LOL, no I didn't image that directly myself (if only!).

I used the helioviewer.org website. it feeds data from a number of solar observatories that orbit the Earth or the Sun. The data is available in near real-time and you can select from a load of different instruments and frequencies of light.  You can zoom in, rewind, create snapshots and so on. It has a movie function too, and even automates the process of loading the movie into YouTube. it's a million times better than watching TV, let me tell you!

Yup, it's a great website. I've set that as my home screen on my phone browser. Every time I call up my browser I see how the sun is doing. And yes better than tv. Big Bother is on now. Stay in and watch people staying in, or see something out of this world? :D

Thanks, guys. It is, indeed, a wonderful thing. I shall delve deeper ...

That notwithstanding, Stephen your website is awesome! Even though you are a bit of a rascal, leading jaw-dropped chumps like me astray ...

(Of course, I always knew it was a come-on, he said, walking away and trying to look unimpressed and cool ...)

Archived