Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky Way & ISS - re processed old data

just having a play about with some old data and new techniques....

only 75 seconds worth of data (3 x 25 second subs), no darks,flats or bias, this was still when i was quite new to AP

you should have saw my face when i saw the streak of the ISS on my DSLR screen lol, think this was the 1st time i captured the ISS

14630062412_a213d8e673_c.jpg

Milky Way and ISS - re process by tingting44, on Flickr

That's a great capture Martin 

Thanks buddy, it really is quite shocking how much more detail you can get out of same old data lol, just with new processing techniques you learn through the astro journey, indeed capturing the photons is the easy bit and processing is really the tough bit..... i could not understand when i 1st started how processing could be more difficult then capturing the data...... i do now lol

always good to revisit old data!

Yeah I wonder what the powers of processing will do to an image in say 50 years :)

Rather you than me, sitting there counting them.

Great shot by the way.

Yeah it only took me 4 hours to count them so not too bad :)

thanks for for your kind comment buddy

Pretty good for a slow lens.

I'm looking at the tonika 11-16mm 2.8 for my dark skies holiday.

yeah i cant stand the lens no more really where im use to looking at a lot of pics with decent glass lol..... ive heard good things about that tonika lens :) i really want the sigma 10-20mmm tho, or possibly a fish eye

Surely you would want a lens a bit quicker than the sigma?

f3.5 is quick for me, ive only ever had kit lenses haha :D

im leaning towards the sigma as my friend has it also, it it really does produce some lovely images... but i can see me ending up with going with the fish eye tbh, i just love the style of shooting with a fish eye, not everyones taste tho...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=astrophotography+fish+eye&rlz=1C1GIWA_enGB554GB554&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=E6_DU6baLMqH0AXEmYG4BQ&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

http://www.onestop-digital.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=34086&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_42eBRDHqcG1psmtneEBEiQAWPL8WC6jhpgqPviqzeomkS4Yg-uGfqqqvfnIXjLznZEAP04aAvvr8P8HAQ

where are you going to get some nice dark skies then? :)

I like the fish eye effect its just something I don't think I could get on with.

I've just started reading up on landscape photography to make the most of the wide field of the tonika.

where are you going to get some nice dark skies then? :)

I'm off to centre of Exmoor in september.

yes i use to do quite a bit of landscape togging,  i used to stitch a lot where i didnt have an ultra wide angle.

im sure your have a fab time in exmoor in september, you have made sure its not going to be a full moon while you are away.... :)

Archived