NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7000 'Wall' in Hubble Palette.

ChrisLX200

Thanks Lee, but I think I've over-cooked the saturation. A late night, bleary eyes, it looked OK in the early hours this morning but looking at it now makes me reach for my sunglasses! I'll sort it out later.

Chris

The data looks great Chris - On a purely personal level, I think there's a little too much green showing through. I'd zap that with the PI SCNR tool and I think you'll end up with something much bluer. As I said though, it is such a subjective thing, if you like it ...... that's all that matters!

Sorry for throwing multiple re-process jobs out, I try to avoid that! However, this is processed entirely differently - a sort of LRGB with the 'L' made from all three narrow bands. I didn't like the colours much in the other one anyway :)

Hmm. Might still be a bit green Sara... :(

ngc7000HSTLRGB_zpsdbee65f1.jpg

Arrgh! PixInsight!  I'll have to get my head round that one day :(  I did buy it and have used a few bits of it but stacking and calibrating was such a faff I gave up. I will try again and see if I can figure it out :)

Thanks!

Chris

Stacking and calibrating works really well in pixinsight just set it going and have a coffee. IMO it does an excellent job. Did you look at Harry's tutorial I just follow it by the letter.

Excellent image there love the detail in it just a bit green for me as it detracts from the blue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Arrgh! PixInsight!  I'll have to get my head round that one day :(  I did buy it and have used a few bits of it but stacking and calibrating was such a faff I gave up. I will try again and see if I can figure it out :)

Thanks!

Chris

You don't need to start from scratch Chris, just 1 application of SCNR tool set to green is all you need!!

You don't need to start from scratch Chris, just 1 application of SCNR tool set to green is all you need!!

Thanks John, it was an easy operation. My problem is that I suffer from mild Alzheimers so complex operations I tend to forget the next time how I did it :( I had to give up guitar playing because I would spend an age learning how to play a piece and a few days later it was completely gone!

Anyway, here is (definitely) my final version of this then. It's not 100% removed the green as that seems a bit severe to me, but I knocked the edge off it.

ngc7000HSTLRGB2_zps2f27379a.jpg

ChrisH

Archived