Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron finder scope rubber ring perished

Nip into your local McD's and have a word with the manager.

They will have a stock of various O-rings for all the kit they have.

Take the old one with you, and blow in his/her ear.

Might cost you a quick lunch ;) but if they happen to have one, I know I would have given you one Waaaaay back when........

Cheers,

i bought a box of o rings from aldi a while back. If you give me some details i can look and post you one (or even two :p )

Cool! The specs I am looking at are 35mm inside dia with a 2.4 band thickness to give 35mm outside diameter

will check tomorrow for you.

Been experimenting as I have a celestron 6x30 finder in my "spares" AKA junk box. o rings are too thick. However a thin elastic band doubled over is working fine.

If you need I can send you the said elastic band but W H Smith sell them in assorted sizes and one is bound to fit.

Ok thanks for looking and thanks Tinker, I will check the link out.  I am bound to find an elastic band as a temp replacement. Funnily enough I checked my 50mm finder and that ring has perished too but still intact until it gets disturbed. So the message is, check your finder O rings before the Autumn!

Ok thanks for looking and thanks Tinker, I will check the link out.  I am bound to find an elastic band as a temp replacement. Funnily enough I checked my 50mm finder and that ring has perished too but still intact until it gets disturbed. So the message is, check your finder O rings before the Autumn!

OR don't touch them and they will remain intact :p

Archived