focusing shambles

hi all

having recently gotten into this ,i made three purchases ,a Luminos 2.5x barlow, a baader hyperion 8mm and a week ago a panaview 32mm ,been home three weeks now and this been first chance tonight ,total disaster with the eyepieces ,the baader is terrible viewing and the focuser does not go out far enough with the panaview, i am so annoyed,im hoping its the mirrors not in line ,i have a collimater coming tomorrow.

Even the 25mm plossl that comes with the scope performs better,

i have an orion xt10 1200 f/4.7,

aghh!

all replies most welcome thanks

The views through the 8mm could be down too poor seeing. On some nights even 150x can be too much. The 32mm should not suffer from this.

It might be worth posting a couple of snaps of the eyepieces on the scope so that the experienced collective can check for anything obvious.

Paul

Picture 2 looks about right. I'm guessing that there is a 1.25" adapter in there to make the narrower eyepiece barrel fit snugly. The 3rd photo is without???. You will need a similar adapter to work with the broader 2" barrel of the Panaview. This will hold the eyepiece further out and allow you to reach focus. Most scopes come with both 1.25" and 2" adapters.

Please note that I am talking from a knowledge of a Skywatcher set up which looks fairly similar. I made the mistake of putting both adapters on at the same time. Didn't stand a chance of reaching focus.

Hope that this helps.

Paul

thanks again

now that you mentioned 2" adapter,

i  read that somewhere but took no heed ,

only the 1 1/4 adapter came with the scope,

i honestly thought taking out the 1 1/4 and inserting the 2" that would be it

its better asking for advice ,better a fool for 5 minutes than a lifetime,

i will get on the case

thanks again

Took me a while to sort out which adapter combination to use.

Like you I had a major moment when first inserting a 2" EP.

You are not alone, and with the correct adaptor all should be well.

thanks for the reply robin

it was a toss up between the baader or the es 6.7 82' as i had read of the latter,

unfortunately i picked the baader,looks like im going to sell it now

how do the es series perform on the fast scopes

thanks again

Everything has too be ordered online where i live, i cant go into town and look and get some pro advice, could be a bit of trial and error ,costly at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply robin

it was a toss up between the baader or the es 6.7 82' as i had read of the latter,

unfortunately i picked the baader,looks like im going to sell it now

how do the es series perform on the fast scopes

thanks again

Hi Peter, the ES82's perform very well in faster scopes, I have an f/5 and it is sharp right across the field of view. 

Archived