NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PSA - Lidl Binoculars

dannybgoode

Just seen in our local Lidl that there will be some 8x60 binoculars on sale for £24.99

I know these are sometimes ok for the money particularly if you test a few pairs put to find a good set.

Tempted myself so Mrs Danny has some to look though whilst we're away and then to keep in the car...

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Many of the LIDL limited run offers are really good value (for the money) - I've got an excellent camera tripod from them for £15, it's taken loads of abuse for 5 years or so.  I tend to avoid their tools though, especially the Silverline range.

As you say, try before you buy.

I have the Lidl Auriol, and it's hard to get a decent pair. Sadly, they do not sell the bresser 10x50 here anymore.

They do sell a Bresser 8x60 here, unfortunately they where sold out before I could test them. I heard they had a small afov, but are not bad otherwise.

Unfortunately the binoculars are not up to much.

The original Bresser 10x50 was fairly well made - I had three pairs!

The more recent zooms were terrible and should be avoided. The 8x60 don't seem to have a large enough prism but even so, along with the newer 10x50,  the metal eyepiece bridge is now a floppy plastic moulding which flexes as soon as you touch it and throws the focus off.

Great pity but, for the sake of a few pence of manufacturer cost cutting, I no longer recommend Lidl binoculars.

AndyG

I just popped into the heart foundation charity shop earlier today just on a whim. No idea why i went in. Came across a pair of Hanimex binos 7x 15 x 35 (zoom) £5.00. Couldnt resist .......cheap as chips bargain hunters lol

Archived