Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Local Astrometry.net for SGPro

PhotoGav

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I came across this thread. I tried to copy the astrometry data files from AstroTorilla to the ansvr data folder but I get a permission error when I try to plate solve from SGPro.

Will give this a try...

Thanks for your comments. I was keen on installing ansvr on top of my existing cygwin/Astrotortilla install because I downloaded all the astrometry data files and it took ages, so I was keen on not having to do that again.

I followed the instructions in http://adgsoftware.com/ansvr/INSTALL-old.txt

Everything went pretty except that GNU make wasn't installed, the default cygwin install server did not have that component available and I couldn't find another server to download it. So I copied make.exe and makeinfo from the automated ansvr installation I had done previously. Then the perl build was successful

Using a telescope simulator and a photo I had taken a while back for plate solving and saved, I then tried to plate solve. It worked too so I was pleased with the result since it will allow me to do an automated plate solve after a meridian flip.

However, the blind solve didn't work. I got the following error message in a dialogue box: "Failed to plate solve image! Error opening FITS file!"

As far I can see, the astrometry data files are all there and have the right permissions, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Has anyone come across this before and knows how to fix it?

Archived