Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Slow Monition Knobs on EQ5 Mount

JDWolf

Ive just got a 200mm Skywatcher Explorer on a EQ5 mount, so far ive had no problems with the telescope. However i cant get the slow monition knobs to fit on to the mount! :lol: The metal clips inside the knobs, which are suppost to hold them on, are too small and even if i take them out the holes in the knows are still too small.

Its not a really problem as i have managed to craft myself some replacement ones. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this mount, or was i just a little unluckly?

I wonder if they have given you EQ2 slow motion controls?

I didn't have problems with my EQ5 slow motion control, other than they were completely smashed to pieces. But then there was a mix up with my order and I wasn't supposed to even have the EQ5. Kept quiet.

Russ

Emailed the guys i bought the scope from and they are sending me some replace ment ones. They said that they are sending us longer flexiable ones which go on easier and are easier to reach, sound like the ones you have Cas

Mark,

The only slow motion controls i have seen online are from Warehouse Express. If you go to www.warehouseexpress.com, click on Astronomical at the side and then on Accessories for Skywatchers (might have to click on the all below that). There should be a pair of slow motion controls for £17 at the bottom of the mounts and tripod section.

Jon

Mark,

The only slow motion controls i have seen online are from Warehouse Express. If you go to www.warehouseexpress.com, click on Astronomical at the side and then on Accessories for Skywatchers (might have to click on the all below that). There should be a pair of slow motion controls for £17 at the bottom of the mounts and tripod section.

Jon

Took me a while but I found them :lol: just wonder if thay are the bendy ones ( of which I want ) or the solid bar type.

Mark

Archived