Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Firecapture download?

Hi just wondering if anyone has a download link to firecapture? as i want to try it out with my QHY5L-ii for planetary imaging as im not getting on too good with EZ or Sharpcap 2 :(

but when i search for firecapture download it keeps sending me to some website called wonderplanets which i have downloaded but its a very weird process where i have followed the instructions and it still does not load up? my notebook is 32bit, not sure if firecapture only works with 64bit? its puzzling me a bit :(

• 6 years later...

Hi I have been trying to download firecapture for a few days now but no luck. When I press the download button all I get are a long list of things such as various cameras but not the software that allows me to start to image and adjust various settings. Anyone help please. My laptop is a Dell 1500 and about one year old.

10 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

Hi I have been trying to download firecapture for a few days now but no luck. When I press the download button all I get are a long list of things such as various cameras but not the software that allows me to start to image and adjust various settings. Anyone help please. My laptop is a Dell 1500 and about one year old.

At the top of the list of cameras that the various versions of the software supports should be a download button. Select the version for your particular OS

firecapture.thumb.JPG.aa4efe7bcc29d3657417d38b7f678e1a.JPG

If the site isn't working I have a zipped V2.6 (64) I can send to you.

Another thing that can be a problem with it being an EXE file which is frowned upon by MS so you may have to insist on running it and I've had it removed a couple of times by helpful Win security.

Dave

16 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

If the site isn't working I have a zipped V2.6 (64) I can send to you.

Another thing that can be a problem with it being an EXE file which is frowned upon by MS so you may have to insist on running it and I've had it removed a couple of times by helpful Win security.

Dave

Worked for me .

Hi, I have tried most of your suggestions even turned my firewall off but still no luck.

Thanks for offering to send a zipped file but that would be no use as I am on my iPad, I cannot figure out how to configure my laptop to receive and send emails. 

Downloading firecapture is my current priority though.

2 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

Hi, I have tried most of your suggestions even turned my firewall off but still no luck.

Thanks for offering to send a zipped file but that would be no use as I am on my iPad, I cannot figure out how to configure my laptop to receive and send emails. 

Downloading firecapture is my current priority though.

Does the list look like the screen capture in my previous post ?

direct link to firecapture http://firecapture.de/index.html

Hi, I have been on that very page a few times but all I get downloaded is a page with various filesfolders on and none of them is firecapture.exe. I’ll keep trying but I’m running out of hair.

11 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

Hi, I have been on that very page a few times but all I get downloaded is a page with various filesfolders on and none of them is firecapture.exe. I’ll keep trying but I’m running out of hair.

When you get to the download page in the first picture click on the blue arrow under the os version. This then should take you to the second page with the maths question. Answer the question and press the download button.

Right I have been trying for a few hours today with no luck,I opened the firecapture page, clicked on download, added together to two numbers and clicked download, that just opened a page with loads of folders and files but no firecapture.exe. I highlighted everything on that page to extract it all, nothing. Is this a ploy to start charging for the program??? As I said not much hair left.

29 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

Right I have been trying for a few hours today with no luck,I opened the firecapture page, clicked on download, added together to two numbers and clicked download, that just opened a page with loads of folders and files but no firecapture.exe. I highlighted everything on that page to extract it all, nothing. Is this a ploy to start charging for the program??? As I said not much hair left.

Are you doing this on a pc ? Can you get a screen grab of the page showing all the folders ?

6 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

Hi Cornelius, I am trying to download onto my Dell 1500 laptop. Tomorrow I will try to get a screen grab but don’t hold your breath.

Quick question. Does the list of folders have a heading saying something like INDEX of/  like this ?

index-of.JPG.7a0bf98b58ee8d030f275e0fa0dcdeb9.JPG

I have again been trying to download the program and I think I have achived it but I had to download Java first. As I did not have a camera attachedthe scree I got was White and not the Red screen as can be seen in the various videos, maybe tomorrow I will attach a camera and see what I get. Didn’t do it today as Ihave been recording through Sharpcap and my head is about to explode, what with recording videos then trying to download FireCapture, I don’t think I can take anymore today, I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks for your help everyone.

6 minutes ago, Dinoboy said:

I have again been trying to download the program and I think I have achived it but I had to download Java first. As I did not have a camera attachedthe scree I got was White and not the Red screen as can be seen in the various videos, maybe tomorrow I will attach a camera and see what I get. Didn’t do it today as Ihave been recording through Sharpcap and my head is about to explode, what with recording videos then trying to download FireCapture, I don’t think I can take anymore today, I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks for your help everyone.

Shouldn't need Java, and I don't think Win10 even supports Java anymore

Dave

Hi, I tried again today with a camera ( asi zwo 120 mm) attached but the program did not recognise I had the camera turned on, it worked fine in Sharpcap, so I have uninstalled JAVA and FireCapture. Tried again to download from the FireCapture site but all I got was a page of files but no FireCapture.exe.