Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thinking of selling a scope : advice?

davekelley

Now i have my apollo 15x70's  I am seriously considering selling the celestron cr102ed, it's a black tube with the old style focusser not the crayford. I have searched through classified ads and Ebay and I cant get a ball park price to ask for it, because I can't really find any for sale.  It comes with I think what is known as the EQ-4.  I would sell it complete on Ebay but maybe just OTA on an astro ads website, but to be honest I wouldn't have any use for the left over mount, as the plan is to go for an 8 or 10 inch DOB for Christmas!  Ebay or classified ads?  rough idea of value?  Any help much appreciated thank you all.

Clear skies

Dave

Just put it on e-bay with a starting price of 1p and what it sells for is basically what it is worth.   If you want to put a 'buy it now' price, I would say 25 - 40% what you paid for it new (if it is in very good condition).

Archived