Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More images from the 7th

Trevor N

Still ploughing through the images form the other night. I think processing takes much longer than taking the image in the first place ! Seeing was quite good at first but noticeably went down hill as cloud appeared in the West. I altered between a x2 and x3 barlow and used an imaging source dmk. Trevor

post-2351-0-19672400-1399843405_thumb.jp

post-2351-0-11606300-1399843440_thumb.jp

post-2351-0-18571300-1399843484_thumb.jp

Thanks again for the nice comments. I never noticed the Linne craters until you pointed them out Bryan. I think I was concentrating on getting the illumination across the image as even as possible. It's a job on the terminator.

I am in the lucky position Aide of owning both an APO and an Achromat. These images were taken using a standard skywatcher Achromat with a fringe killer filter. To be honest I have not achieved any better on the moon with the APO. I understand false colour can be an issue but all the rules about "don't image with an Achro" are not always correct. Makes you think sometimes. One scope cost about four times the other. Trevor

Thanks Trevor it will be an achromatic for me pos Skywatchers on an eq3 mount

As I am on a budget and an APO is four times the cost with the same results

Why spend more Adie

Mosaics very well done! That region located near Aristoteles, Eudoxus and Vallis Alpes is one of the most beautiful of the Moon 

Try to make a close-up shot of Vallis Alpes to see if you can capture the Rhyme that runs your background! 

Avani.

Archived